Soft tissue damage can happen to anyone. If you lead an active lifestyle, injury to soft tissue is more common than you may think. Also, keeping up with your children, who always have amazing stores of energy, can wear your body down. To be mobile and active throughout your life, it makes sense to get regular soft tissue chiropractic treatment in Silver Spring, MD. Healing any soft tissue injury, damage done to ligaments, tendons, muscles, and fascia or connective tissue, involves unique treatments. Back To You uses several soft tissue rehab techniques Silver Spring, MD residents can turn to no matter their symptoms or issues.
What is Soft Tissue Treatment?
Soft tissue damage occurs anytime the connective tissue covering and supporting your body is impacted or exhausted from repetitive use. Your bones, nerves, muscles, and tendons are constantly straining. Thus, soft tissue chiropractic treatment in Silver Spring, MD is a way to not only heal from injury but maintain ongoing health. It isn’t just athletes who benefit from soft tissue rehab techniques. For example, the knots you feel in your muscles are places where soft tissue needs attention. Our soft tissue rehab techniques can:
- Reduce pain
- Increase your range of movement and mobility
- Reduce swelling
- Increase muscle strength
- Accelerate healing
- Reduce the future risk of injury and foster faster recovery
If your muscles and joints ache, then your fascia (connective tissue) and myofascia (the area around muscles) likely need attention. Leaving these issues untreated can cause more than mere tightness in your body. It can severely restrict your movement and ability to lift or do simple work.
Our Soft Tissue Rehab Techniques in Silver Spring, MD
Back To You uses several chiropractic and rehab services and techniques to address sports injuries, increase mobility, and foster faster healing. Thus, the soft tissue rehab techniques Silver Spring, MD residents can turn to for best results include:
- Dry needling: This treatment restores proper function to muscle and connective fascia. Although similar to acupuncture, dry needling usually requires several sessions to achieve a lasting effect. However, when combined with other treatments, dry needling help with neck/lower back pain, sciatica, headaches, muscle spasms, inflammatory conditions (adhesive capsulitis, tendonitis, bursitis, plantar fasciitis), hamstring strains, athletic overuse injuries, and ankle sprains/strains. Dry needling is one of our soft tissue rehab techniques that can become an effective, regular treatment for those with an active lifestyle.
- High-speed massager: Using a Rapid Release massager, powerful and immediate relief for sore muscles, painful trigger points, and tight myofascial areas are delivered. Further, when used in combination with traditional hands-on myofascial release techniques, high-speed massage creates a synergistic effect treating all soft tissue injuries.
- Instrument-assisted soft tissue mobilization: IASTM uses a specially designed stainless steel tool to help penetrate and remove fibrotic tissue. This is the tissue formation commonly seen in post-operational surgical procedures and chronic conditions (tendonitis/tendinosis, plantar fasciitis, muscle strains) that have formed scar tissue. IASTM helps transform soft tissue back to normal in the affected area.
Also, we are able to work alongside clients to develop techniques addressing specific issues or concerns they have.
Finding the Treatment You Need at Back To You Chiropractic and Rehab
Working alongside your chiropractor, you identify problem areas. Once we know what parts of your body need attention and where you want to focus treatment, we’ll design a plan. Using a variety of soft tissue rehab techniques in Silver Spring, MD, Back To You will heal your body. Also, we pride ourselves on treating the root causes of pain or illness. This is why we offer functional medicine services as well as CBD oil products to our clients. So, contact us today at 301.298.3581 to learn more about who we can help you reach your healing goals.