Perhaps the most common reason individuals look for a chiropractor is due to neck pain or stiffness. Many of us carry much of our stress and tension in our shoulders. Also, for those who spend a good deal of their workday sitting, issues with the spine and neck frequently arise. Knowing what to look for in chiropractors for neck pain means knowing what kind of issue you’re experiencing and the treatments available to you. Here are Back To You Chiropractic and Rehab, we use a wide range of treatments to address chronic pain.
What Is Neck Pain?
It may seem like a simple question, but when we ask “what is neck pain?” understand that it encompasses more than just the discomfort you’re feeling at the moment. It can be a symptom of chronic pain or a sign of a more serious issue that could lead to other aches and pains if left untreated. Individuals who are looking for chiropractors for neck pain commonly experience some of the following symptoms:
- Stiffness leading to a limited range of motion
- Concentrated, sharp, stabbing pains at the base of the neck, shoulders, or back when one attempts to turn one’s head
- General soreness or tenderness
- Radiating pain or tingling that seems to come from the neck and travel down the arms and fingers
When these symptoms arise, getting help as soon as possible is necessary to avoid further inflammation or wider pain issues. Through standard chiropractic adjustments, your Back To You session can lead to:
- Reduced pain and discomfort
- Decreased inflammation
- Improved range of motion
- Improved flexibility
Through regular physical therapy or chiropractic sessions, the experts at Back To You Chiropractic and Rehab can effectively minimize the discomfort individuals feel both in the short and long term.
Treatments Chiropractors for Neck Pain Use
Understanding some of the treatments we use can give you a better idea of what to expect during your sessions with Back To You Chiro. We use a variety of techniques. For instance, patients can expect:
- Flexion-distraction: This is a gentle, hands-on spinal manipulation that involves a pumping action on the intervertebral disc instead of direct force.
- Instrument-assisted manipulation: Sometimes, hand-held devices are used to target areas more effectively. In our soft tissue therapy we sometimes use instruments to treat muscle tension.
- Manual joint stretching and resistance techniques as well as therapeutic massage are common.
- Trigger point therapy can relieve tight, painful areas in muscles.
- Mild electrical stimulation, ultrasound, and laser therapy can all reduce stiffness and neck pain.
However, perhaps the best way to address neck pain is through regular physical therapy. In this way, individuals are able to build up the muscles and flexibility necessary to reduce and avoid future aches and pains. These treatments are often used to address neck pain specifically. However, each client is unique, and your chiropractor at Back To You will create a treatment plan to see to your specific needs.
How Back To You Chiropractic and Rehab Can Help
Neck pain can be more than uncomfortable; it can make your work and home lives nearly unbearable. Fortunately, Back To You Chiropractic and Rehab is not only one of the best chiropractors for neck pain available, but we also treat the whole body. By doing so, we are better able to treat the root cause of your pain while providing clear and effective methods for reducing or eliminating it.
We provide a variety of holistic and chiropractic services designed to improve your health, help you heal, and manage your pain. For example, some of our treatments include:
- Standard chiropractic adjustments
- Soft tissue treatments
- Functional medicine
- Laser therapy
- Physical therapy
- Auto accident treatment
Patients find a supportive and caring environment at Back To You Chiropractic and Rehab, and an attitude dedicated to their well-being. So contact us today at 301.298.3581 and learn more about how we can help you.