If you’re experiencing muscle pain, you might be unsure of the cause of this issue. Maybe you are in pain even though you have not participated in strenuous physical activity, or you’re feeling aches throughout your body. There are several reasons you could be muscle pain, and for many of these types of pain, there are treatment options available. You might simply need to rest and ice your muscles, or you could benefit from visiting a chiropractor for targeted treatment.
Why Are You Experiencing Muscle Pain?
There are a number of reasons that you might be experiencing muscle pain. Learn more about five common causes of pain and when you should seek muscle pain treatment:
- Stress – If you are feeling stressed, your body will have a harder time fighting off inflammation and infection, which can both cause muscle pain
- Overexertion – Exercising vigorously or exercising new muscle groups can cause small tears in your muscles, which leads to soreness as they heal
- Infection – The flu and other illnesses can cause muscle pain due to inflammation
- Sprains or strains – These injuries can involve pulling or tearing a muscle
- Sleep problems – During sleep, the body heals and recovers from activity, and without enough sleep, your muscles can have a harder time recuperating
Do you need treatment for muscle pain or chiropractic adjustments? If you’re not sure, consider the following questions:
- Is this pain interfering with your normal activities?
- Has this pain lasted for more than several days?
- Do you experience chronic pain?
- Have you recently been in an accident or suffered from an injury?
- Are pain relievers not helping, or do you worry that you’re becoming dependent on medication?
If you can answer yes to any of the above, consider looking into muscle pain treatment options.
Muscle Pain Treatment
For some types of muscle pain, the best treatment is rest. For example, if you are sore after exercising, the pain should go away after a couple of days. You’re likely to feel this type of pain in specific places on the body, such as in your legs after doing squats or lunges. However, by making sure to properly warm-up and cool down before and after exercising, you can help reduce this type of muscle pain.
To avoid a strain or a sprain, avoid overtraining. To treat this kind of injury, use ice to reduce inflammation, and rest as much as possible.
However, pain that is spread throughout your body can be a symptom of a larger problem. An infection, a medication, or a nutritional deficiency can cause you to feel muscle aches.
Your chiropractor can provide specialized muscle pain treatment. Cold therapy and heat therapy can relieve inflammation and speed up healing. They might use trigger points to relieve pain. And chiropractic adjustments help with spinal alignment, which can contribute to stress on various joints and muscles.
Our Muscle Pain Treatment Options at Back to You
If you are in need of muscle pain treatment in Silver Spring, reach out to Back to You Chiropractic & Rehab. Our muscle therapy in MD can help you feel relief from pain. Our services include the following:
- Physical therapy
- Functional medicine
- Chiropractic services following an accident
- Laser therapy
- Dry needling
Don’t put off receiving treatment for muscle pain. If this issue is interfering with your life, reach out to Back to You Chiropractic & Rehab today at 301.298.3581. We’ll get you in quickly so that you can return to full health.